Monday, April 1, 2013

Why Yes! That is Poop on My Shirt

Why yes, that is poop on my shirt... and arms... and hands. Every month or so we try to give Isabelle whole milk, and every time we do, she gives us a very gruesome demonstration to show us that her body can't handle it yet. And it always happens at the most inopportune times. Back to rice milk for her.

I got back into town late on Thursday evening due to the fact that I missed the train. I met Penny and the kids at McDonald's, where they had been for over an hour, waiting for me to get there.

After 3 hours prior I had boarded a bus that takes me from my office to the train station. I got on the bus about 30-minutes before the train was supposed to leave. This was definitely more time than I needed, or so I thought.

I sat behind a lady who periodically turned around to tell me things like how she was being "technologically harassed" and how someone put something in her arm so that they could track her and make sure she couldn't leave the country. She also said that they had already killed her brother. Yikes! I'm about 99% sure that she was suffering from paranoid delusions brought about by schizophrenia or PTS. Poor lady.

Well, after she exited the bus, I assumed the rest of my ride would be uneventful. However, traffic slowly worsened, and by the time I realized there was an accident ahead, I knew it was already too late. I was going to miss the train, the last train home.

Not all was lost though. There is a bus that makes roughly the same route as the train, it just leaves a little later and takes about 45 minutes longer to do it. I got off the bus and walked over to the stop where the 578 would pick me up.

While I was standing and waiting I noticed a guy, probably close to my age, that looked like he was having a rough day. "Long day?" I said casually. He told me about how he had just lost his phone on the bus. I know how frustrating that is; I did the same thing a few months ago.

Soon a college-age girl approached the area where we were talking and asked if she had missed the 578. We said we were still waiting for it, and the 3 of us started up a typical, friendly conversation about school, work, life, and weather that lasted the whole way to Puyallup and resulted in my two new friends (who found out that they attended the same college) exchanging numbers.

After getting into town, the shuttle to the parking lot my car was in was no longer running, so after a brisk 10-minute walk, I got in my car and went to join Penny and the kids. I found Penny and Joey playing with the Happy Meal toy together and Isabelle polishing off a chocolate chip cookie with chocolate plastered all over her face. Joey was also entertaining a group of teenaged boys by walking over to them and pretending to be Wreck-it Ralph, "I'm gonna wreck it! Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom!"

After I had the chance to eat something, I helped Penny take the kids back to her car. And that's when IT happened. "What is that awful smell?" There was nothing we could do; the floodgates were opened and Penny's jacket was already a casualty. Frantically we searched for diapers, wipes, and anything to lay her on. Unfortunately there were no wipes, no tissues, and no napkins. Since Penny's jacket was already soiled... well, I'm sure you can guess how it played out. Not a pretty picture.

We all ended up with poop on us somewhere, but we got it mostly cleaned up, even with our limited resources. I staggered back into McDonald's, after the battle had concluded, with poop on my shirt, hands, and arms. Back to rice milk for her.

No comments: